MISSION STATEMENT: We can assist individuals and small groups in creating a mobile-friendly web presence at low-cost ($10 to $15/year with domain name) or even no yearly cost (without domain name) — using WordPress.com, wordpress.org (self-hosted), Blogger.com, or Weebly.com.
EXAMPLE SITES: Using WordPress.org (self-hosted)
- AutoControls.org – Videos & Plans for Automatic Model Railroad Controls
- BilltownDance.com – Ballroom Dance Events in NC PA
- PhxDance.com – List of Swing & Ballroom Dance Groups in Phoenix AZ
- PhxRail.org – Public Model Railroad Layout in Phoenix AZ
- ScrantonDance.com – Ballroom, Swing, & Singles Dance Announcements for Scranton & Northeastern PA
EXAMPLE SITES: Using WordPress.com (hosted by WordPress)
- Audio Services
- Gravely Tractor Club of America – Mockup site
- MesaLineDance.com – Places to line dance in Apache Junction & Mesa AZ
- Meridian Manor Dance – List of line dances performed
- OasisVerde.net – Photos of Oasis Verde AZ Residential Community (unofficial site)
- Phoenix Electric Auto Association, Map to the Meeting Location
- Still Rockin Band – Archive site
- Superstition Mountain Railroad Museum – Unofficial photos page
- TiVo.MeridianManor.info – Information page regarding TiVo
- West End Reunion Reunion for Berwick PA West End neighborhood
- 216.AutoControls.org – An AutoControls.org “satellite page” for 3-rail automatic train control
- My personal page and contact page, JamesIngram.net
EXAMPLE BLOGGER SITES:
- The approximately 50 sites we have built on Google’s Blogger.com service are listed on our older BilltownWeb.com site. Our original site is on Track2.com .
- FYI: The Blogger sites are fine, but recently I have been using WordPress, because WordPress sites display better on mobile devices than Blogger sites.
WEBSITE BUILDING TOOLS:
1. Check Availability of Domain Names
2. Whois Lookup: shows registrant info & expiration date)
3. Other Tools:
- Archives: Internet Archive Wayback Machine (archives old web sites)
- Mobile Test: Google’s “Is Your Website Mobile-Friendly?” Test
- Passwords: Code Frontier’s Random Password Generator – Add a “+” or “#” or similar character for greater security.
- WordPress.com: Create a user id without creating blog (need to be logged out): https://wordpress.com/start/account/user